Snapshot time! Bug fixes galore!
And this snapshot includes…
The witches have been grounded
Vexes are now a bit more evil
At least one crash fix - yay!
Bugs fixed in 16w42a:
- [Bug MC-46345] - Maps stop updating after going through nether portal / Map update packets ignored by client
- [Bug MC-88089] - Two players going down a ladder at the same time makes them stuck or go up
- [Bug MC-95735] - (Splash) harming and healing potion still applys effect even if it’s specified not to.
- [Bug MC-97692] - Boat riding on an entity riding on an entity
- [Bug MC-99763] - help command not suggesting tab completion when executed from other entity
- [Bug MC-100260] - Explosion impulse on non-living entities is not attenuated by power, distance, or obstructions
- [Bug MC-102986] - Can place Grass Path at “invalid” locations
- [Bug MC-105845] - Memory usage graph of server GUI not drawing
- [Bug MC-107138] - Shot arrow loses its critical state after reloading
- [Bug MC-108081] - Item name shown in /give command feedback has no hoverEvent
- [Bug MC-108351] - No play placed sound and subtitles, when placing blocks on cake
- [Bug MC-108664] - Witches that spawn in witch huts don’t have PersistenceRequired set to 1
- [Bug MC-108676] - Skeletons and wither skeletons can spawn anywhere in the Nether
- [Bug MC-108685] - The corners of the offhand hotbar slot have transparent textures
- [Bug MC-108718] - Illagers and Vexes not randomly looking at player when not aggressed
- [Bug MC-108727] - Thorns enchantment has no effect on Vexes
- [Bug MC-108729] - When giving yourself items with negative durability, the game crashes.
- [Bug MC-108748] - Can’t trade with villagers while holding a spawn egg
- [Bug MC-108752] - Elder Guardians spawned from spawn egg / command do not have full health
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: