Yet another week has passed, lots of bugs have been inspected, turned around and hopefully fixed. We’re inching ever closer to 1.9 and our focus is on stability, performance and the remaining polish.
This week’s snapshot is all about boats! We did another iteration on them so please have a swim with them (watch it, they can sink!).
As always we’d like to thank everyone who is reporting bugs, testing the snapshots and sending us feedback on our changes. While we get closer to 1.9 this will become more and more important. Please continue doing it and thanks to you all!
- Boats are 7% moar boatier.
- Boats can sink.
- Boats > lily pads.
- Did someone mention boats?
- Updated sounds, try standing in the rain!
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-84632] - Chorus flower placed at or growing to Y=255 turning to chorus plant
- [Bug MC-88427] - Endermen & Blazes get ‘wet’ in boats
- [Bug MC-89948] - Shulkers spin endlessly when riding in boats
- [Bug MC-89963] - Horse Hitbox is Larger than Boat Hitbox
- [Bug MC-89978] - Small mobs drown in boats
- [Bug MC-89985] - Squids riding boat when riding over them
- [Bug MC-89987] - Offhand item still shown/not updated when moving in boat
- [Bug MC-90011] - Boats face the direction opposite to the one you placed it on.
- [Bug MC-90052] - Dismounting from a boat drops you in the water
- [Bug MC-90074] - Boat from dispenser is facing wrong direction (always east)
- [Bug MC-90084] - When sitting in boats player / mob legs penetrate the hull
- [Bug MC-90085] - Boats ignoring Lily Pads
- [Bug MC-90124] - Reopening world when riding entity/boat dismounts player for some seconds
- [Bug MC-90148] - Boat paddle animation continues if player leaves boat while paddling with a mob inside
- [Bug MC-90175] - Game crashes when boats are summoned as passengers of a living entity
- [Bug MC-90191] - Armorstands in boats spin rapidly
- [Bug MC-90272] - Zombie / Skeleton in the boat not on fire
- [Bug MC-90307] - Boats don’t lose any speed if directly above air
- [Bug MC-90352] - Placing boats on slime blocks and mounting it propels player & boat up hundreds of blocks
- [Bug MC-90594] - Player can stop sneaking/gliding without space to stand up
- [Bug MC-90791] - ‘Place Block’ control is ignored while in a moving boat
- [Bug MC-90909] - Boat auto correction position when making short turns
- [Bug MC-90923] - Boats Not Picking Up Armor stand
- [Bug MC-91008] - When Changing hand in boats, the item being swapped is still visually in the other hand
- [Bug MC-91524] - Entities disappear from boats (are removed, not invisible)
- [Bug MC-91620] - Boats full speed on pressureplates
- [Bug MC-91857] - Passengers might be broken
- [Bug MC-92346] - Passenger-Rendering-Bug: World not rendering for Passenger (Same with horses!)
- [Bug MC-92439] - Player facing is awkward when entering boat from the front.
- [Bug MC-92536] - Mobs do not properly fit in passenger seat of boats
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: