Update: Snapshot 15w51b is now available and fixes a crash in the AI and pathfinding code.
The snapshots decided to take a vacation to celebrate christmas, but we could convince them of one last appearance before they disappear for the rest of the year. But no worries, the developers are also on vacation, so there won’t be any changes in the game that you could miss.
As a special guest star we have the bug fix for one of our most popular recent bugs included in this weeks snapshot. The world generator will now no longer take a coffee break while the player is riding a horse or using a boat. And I was told that even riding a minecart is on that list.
- Fixed many more bugs
- The glow effect is now 23% better looking
- Another 12 lines tweaked in the AI code
- World generation doesn’t stop anymore when players are riding boats, horses, minecarts or ghasts.
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-3564] - Debug message “Unable to locate Sign at (x, y, z)” left inside Minecraft Client
- [Bug MC-13046] - Certain supported characters glitch out, clearing out lines of text.
- [Bug MC-44493] - Some Enchantment Text is too long
- [Bug MC-51725] - Gamerule doMobLoot does not affect the dropping of music discs
- [Bug MC-69072] - “/worldborder warning distance/time” throws an error when used without arguments
- [Bug MC-73886] - Villager don’t recognize blocked doors correctly
- [Bug MC-75256] - Spawnprotection is also spawn randomization size
- [Bug MC-85709] - The Enderdragon is incorrect outlined, when it has the Glowing Effect
- [Bug MC-86099] - The outline of Glowing Guardian’s tail is bigger than the tail itself
- [Bug MC-87559] - Gamerule missing indicator for affected gamerule
- [Bug MC-89246] - When the “glowing” effect finishes on an entity it un-renders things for one frame
- [Bug MC-89915] - Chunks don’t load when you are in a minecart/on a horse/pig
- [Bug MC-89954] - All boat types drop oak wood planks
- [Bug MC-90585] - Navigating on a boat wearing Frost Walker Enchantment frosts the water layer below the boat.
- [Bug MC-92915] - Items, blocks & XP orbs appear transparent and/or gray when picked up
- [Bug MC-93474] - Players can place End Crystal in Adventure mode
- [Bug MC-93483] - Spectators opening LootTable Chests will generate the items inside
- [Bug MC-93503] - Inner elytra texture not rendered while holding skulls
- [Bug MC-93532] - Holding items will minimal brighten elytra
- [Bug MC-93614] - Bats fly from creative players
- [Bug MC-93622] - Endermen remain hostile after switching gamemodes.
- [Bug MC-93772] - Mobs follow player in creative and spectator mode
- [Bug MC-93844] - Transparent hat pixels on skull render opaque
- [Bug MC-93944] - Default resource pack is ordered topmost until closing and re-entering the resource pack dialogue
- [Bug MC-94010] - Wolves joining an attack stay aggressive on player even after changing gamemode
- [Bug MC-94252] - ArmorStands’ DisabledSlots incorrect flags implementation
- [Bug MC-94295] - Ender dragon respawns on its own in pre-1.9 worlds
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: