Snapshot 15w47c is now available. In your launcher. Right there. Yes, where it said 15w47b yesterday.
Snapshot 15w47b is now available and fixes some issues that made yesterdays snapshot seem haunted.
15w47a release notes:
Snapshot. Time. Again. Yay!
Our issue tracker is now the home page in our browsers and we are going to keep it that way until Minecraft 1.9 is ready for release. We want to say “thank you” to everyone who’s reporting issues and voting on them. And of course we also want to thank our moderators helping us to focus on the important tickets, they are doing an awesome job to keep the issues under control.
Due to some complaints that we were too focused on fixing bugs and not adding more features for 1.9, this weeks snapshot will focus on solving issues instead.
_Fixed a lot of bugs_
Solved a lot of issues
- Better support for transparency in skins
- Reverted a change to redstone blocks that caused some issues with redstone contraptions in the previous snapshot
- Prepared the game for the upcoming holidays
- Changed something in the bacon block
- Balancing tweaks
Issues solved in this snapshot:
- [Issue MC-1777] - Placing a painting “behind” a button makes button unclickable
- [Issue MC-1973] - Items placed into a beacon are lost upon destroying it or reloading a world
- [Issue MC-2844] - Doors have no placement sound.
- [Issue MC-5927] - Daylight Sensor outputting signal when encased
- [Issue MC-7519] - Clearing Nausea Potion Effect will stop it but show portal tint
- [Issue MC-9089] - Suicide from potions gives player a point in playerKillCount
- [Issue MC-12959] - TNT mesh rotated wrongly placed vs primed
- [Issue MC-33384] - Noteblocks and jukeboxes play the wrong walk, place and break sounds
- [Issue MC-42150] - On Christmas trapped chests don’t have texture of presents
- [Issue MC-46772] - Skin hat layer translucency only works in the end dimension
- [Issue MC-59777] - Endermen lose ability to dodge melee attacks after being hit
- [Issue MC-65240] - Banner pole texture mis-aligned
- [Issue MC-65699] - Armor Stand Duplication
- [Issue MC-67017] - The small cube in slime blocks isn’t displayed in inventory and when dropped
- [Issue MC-84625] - Mobs don’t navigate correctly in contact with Chorus Plants
- [Issue MC-89141] - Shulker spawn instant position is crooked (not aligned to block grid)
- [Issue MC-89882] - Shulkers Don’t Drop Experience
- [Issue MC-92202] - Villagers stand outside opening and closing doors instead of entering
- [Issue MC-92443] - Typo in soundevent name “enttiy.zombie.infect”
- [Issue MC-92556] - Mobs bouncing and spinning on grass
- [Issue MC-92559] - Splash potions are broken / All thrown potions are water potions
- [Issue MC-92562] - Redstone blocks emit power through blocks
- [Issue MC-92595] - Redstone blocks don’t update adjacent blocks’ power state correctly
- [Issue MC-92866] - Purpur Slab variant displays “DEFAULT” in capital letters
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: