We have a double feature for you today. Not only are we releasing a 1.5.2 pre-release but there’s also another weekly snapshot for 1.6 to get your hands on!
First up, the 1.5.2 pre-release. We’ve decided to put out a small bug fix update to address some minor issues that players are having in 1.5.1, and you can test it out before it goes live! A full list of fixes are as follows:
- [Bug MC-22] - Jukebox audio volume doesn’t decrease
- [Bug MC-1123] - SMP: Anvils charge level for nothing when using languages other than English
- [Bug MC-1407] - Tamed wolves and cats despawn
- [Bug MC-4253] - Endermen are rendered hostile if they take environmental damage
- [Bug MC-8112] - Pick-Block and Furnaces
- [Bug MC-8260] - Achievement “Hot Topic” Uses Faceless Furnace Icon
- [Bug MC-11229] - Using the anvil for free
- [Bug MC-12133] - Arrows visually float when shot into a block.
- Improvements to FPS when using high-resolution texture packs
- Many Realms fixes.
Grab the pre-release here:
- Client: https://launcher.mojang.com/mc/game/1.5.2/client/465378c9dc2f779ae1d6e8046ebc46fb53a57968/client.jar
- Server: https://launcher.mojang.com/mc/game/1.5.2/server/f9ae3f651319151ce99a0bfad6b34fa16eb6775f/server.jar (or EXE)
Report bugs here (but please use the search function before you post duplicates!):
Next up, we have the snapshot! Not too much has changed on the surface since 13w17a as most of our efforts are focused on the launcher currently, but there’s a few cool things you’ll want to check out:
- Added a new “Hardened Clay” block
- Added extra tooltip info in the search tab for the creative inventory
- Made deserts more deserty
- Zombies made slightly more sociable
- Bug fixes!
You’ll need to (re-)download the new launcher to grab the snapshot.
- Windows: https://launcher.mojang.com/download/MinecraftInstaller.msi
- Mac/OSX: https://launcher.mojang.com/download/Minecraft.dmg
- Server: https://launcher.mojang.com/mc/game/13w17a/server/48ece561c3512b2f9c0915dad7c3cb65560ceb39/server.jar (EXE)
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams