Cobalt has been updated and is now at version 104 alpha! Changes in versions 103 and 104 are,
- Custom levels placed in maps with either ctp dm or sur_ will now be loaded into the menu.
- Removed all girders from cannon arena and tweaked design and weapons.
- Improved head flying off rendering, also made all body parts be colored by the original actor.
- Objects and items that are destroyed (by explosions and heat for example) now have better feedback
- Tweaked object healths
- Added new deathmatch map, Gladiator
- Added new ctp map, Frozen
- Added new ctp map, Volcano
- Added new bounty map, Rumble in the City
- New preference in profile for always showing your player name under your actor
- Plug now has health and will die from sustained explosions and lava, and will respawn when destroyed.
- Jet shoes now do less damage initially, but also do heat damage over time.
- Extended the map filters for future use.
- Added bounty AI and better bounty hud.
- Profile names can now contain numbers as well as a number of special characters
… and lots of bug fixes! Also, the map editor is now unlocked and available from the menu.
If you want to access the Cobalt development builds you can pre-order the game at https://www.playcobalt.com. If you already own Cobalt you can update the game by logging in to the launcher.
You can read more info about the map editor in Oxeye Game Studio’s blog post!