Here's the development snapshot of week 7, 2012! List of changes:
- Added new world file format called "Anvil" (256 max height and 4096 block IDs*)
- Multi-player light calculations do no longer cause affected blocks to be transmitted to the clients, instead the clients will recalculate the light on their own
- Villagers will repopulate villages based on how many houses there are available
- Some nights in villages will be worse than others...
- Added a redstone-controlled light source
- Decreased chance for the rare mob drops
- All animals use the new AI system now
* The game can't use the full range of IDs yet because there are still some assumptions that IDs above 256 are items.
Update! New version number is 12w07b, fixing the following problems:
- Crash bug corrupting levels when spawning mobs above the 255th block
- Sheep animation is correct in SMP
Get the snapshot here:
- Client: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w07b/minecraft.jar
- Server: https://assets.minecraft.net/12w07b/minecraft_server.jar
If you havent downloaded Minecraft you can grab it here: www.minecraft.net/download
NOTE: This snapshot will convert the maps you load to the new file format. If you want to revert to the old format, you need to replace the "level.dat" file with the file called "level.dat_mcr". The new format will write world regions to files called "*.mca", so your original regions will remain as "*.mcr".